Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Alpaca is not a city in Mexico




Top: Papaya ⟡
Bottom: Paris Blues
Shoes: Payless
Ear party: [flea market] / "Alpaca, Mexico" ⟡, H&M ⟡
Nail party: 10 ⟡, Sally Hansen ⟡

first wear in 2012

I paid $10 to enter the flea market.  At the last table, I found these earrings with
"ALPACA
MEXICO"
stamped on the back.  The lovely older couple convinced me the earrings were crafted in Alpaca, Mexico.  I liked them.  I bought them.  At home, the internet told me Alpaca is not a city in Mexico.  Alpaca is a copper alloy with nickel and often zinc. 

And this is why I now have a smartphone.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie! They're really easy to do, even freehand! If I had to do it again I would probably put some vaseline on my cuticles, because getting all the extra nail polish off my skin was kind of a pain.

      Delete
  2. Love your nails! Lol, that old couple must be pros at duping people. I really like your earrings whether or not they were made in "Alpaca".

    xoxo,
    Genie

    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Genie! I like them too, despite the confusion over where they were fun. I wouldn't be surprised if the couple at the flea market didn't know they weren't from "Alpaca" either - it seems like an easy mistake to make!

      Delete