Saturday, February 18, 2012

Have you screen my bicycle?




Top: Uniqlo outside ⟡, Love Love Jo inside ⟡
Bottom: Arizona
Shoes: Forever 21
Scarf: [flea market]
Ear party: [no brand] from Shanghai ⟡, H&M
Nail party: 10 ⟡, Sally Hansen ⟡

first wear in 2012

I screen printed this shirt myself at the Gowanus Print Lab in Brooklyn!  It was really fun and the end result greatly exceeded my expectations!  At least enough to make up for the other shirt I printed, which has a kid on a rocking horse right over the tummy.  After a friend pointed out its pre-maternity styling, I couldn't bring myself to wear it.  Some thoughts cannot be unthought.

4 comments:

  1. Love the t-shirt! I really want to try some screen printing some time! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! It's really fun! I know there are some smallish kits you can buy at craft stores, or if you don't need a very high resolution I've done stencil printing before with paper, Elmer's glue and masking tape (:

      Delete
  2. Lol, I totally agree sometimes you can't undo things already conceived. I love the bike, it reminds me of a commercial I saw with glow in the dark bicyclists.

    xoxo,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could unthink it, but alas. I'm glad you understand.

      I love glow in the dark stuff! Glow in the dark bicyclists makes me think of something like low-tech Tron, haha.

      Delete