Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Layer it on me






Top: Royalty outside ⟡, Windsor inside ⟡
Bottom: Jolt
Shoes: Mossimo ⟡
Ear party: [ebay], Forever 21
Necklace: [gifted] ⟡
Bracelet: [diy] ⟡

first wear in 2012

This delicate pendant portrays Guanyin Pusa and was a gift from my late grandmother.  I don't know very much about pusa / bodhisattva, but for me the significance of this pendant is my grandmother's love and desire for my well-being.  And so despite cultural and spiritual chasms, this has become a very meaningful image to me.

3 comments:

  1. Hey June :)

    That is very sweet of you to honor your Grandma by wearing that necklace!

    You are making so many amazing bracelets!! I can't wait to try! I really like this laid back relaxed look :) Looks comfy for school or the office!

    That first bag with the bow I got from Forever 21 about a year ago. The other one I'm wearing in my recent post (quilted bag) is from ebay. I got it from the seller Popkors. They are from South Korea. I really recommend them, it arrived quicker than most packages I receive from China and they pack it very nicely too!!

    I hope you find the bag you're searching for :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Josie! I'm pretty lucky that my office environment is really laid back. n_n

      OMG Popkors. They have *so many* handbags! Thanks for the recommendation! I'll let you know if I get anything! (:

      Delete
    2. You're lucky indeed! I have to wear a gross uniform lol :(

      Also for Popkors I did the bid instead of Buy it Now. I really want to buy from them again. My experience was so great!!! And the purse I got is pretty good quality!! I was pleasantly surprised! The shoulder strap is detachable and it includes a hand strap. It can be used 3 styles :)

      Also, I totally forgot! Check out MochiBeaucoup.com! They have many styles :)

      Delete